The two Parishes of Caddington & Slip End have been working together to develop a Neighbourhood Plan across the two Parishes since 2011. A referendum will be held on 28th June - further information to follow.
See below, notice of referendum from Central Beds Council;
Printed and published by Brian Dunleavy, Deputy Counting Officer Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands, Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17 5TQ
INFORMATION STATEMENT Neighbourhood Planning Referendum for the parishes of Caddington & Slip End
1. A referendum will be held on Thursday, 28th June 2018 to decide on the question below:
2. The question which will be asked in the referendum is; ‘Do you want Central Bedfordshire to use the Neighbourhood Plan for the parishes of Caddington & Slip End to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?’
3. The referendum area is the parishes of Caddington & Slip End as identified on the map http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/Images/caddington-slip-end-map_tcm3-19823.pdf
4. A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if on Thursday, 28th June 2018
• He/She is entitled to vote in a local government election
• His or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the Register of Electors, the address in respect of which he or she entitled to be registered.
5. The referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the referendum is £2641.31. The number of persons entitled to vote in the referendum by reference to which the limit has been calculated is 4734 6.
The referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedure which are similar to those used at local government elections.
7. A copy of the specified documents, may be accessed on the council’s website using the following link http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/planning/policy/neighbourhood-planning/areas.aspx
8. Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view on request at Central Bedfordshire Council, Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands, SG17 5TQ during normal working hours.
Dated: Friday 18th May 2018